Thursday, February 16, 2017

Dream big - live bigger!


I know I'm where God wants me for the time being, but feel there's a dissatisfaction in order to drive me towards my next step.

I'm hungry for more.

I want more.

I want my faith to be deeper. (You can start singing “Oceans” if you catch my drift... pun intended)

I want to dream big, and live bigger.

So right now, I'm looking for my promised land.

I don't know what it is, or where it is, and I'm okay with it.

I would much rather wander in the desert for 40 years, than to stay in a place where God doesn't want me to be.

I know that God is using where I am in order to grow me and deepen my faith. I have seen it deepen the more I depend on God and wait on Him.

When I can be still and know that He is God. (Psalm 46:10)

I know that I am happiest in life when I have no other explanation for anything that's happened, but God.

The more I think about David... A man who won a fight with a man close to twice his size, with no armor, and by most considerations, inferior weaponry. The man who shouldn't have won by almost all counts... But for God. (1 Samuel 17)

The more I think about Gideon... A man who sent home a high portion of his troops before he went into a battle that would've looked hopeless, but for God. (Judges 7)

The more I think about Peter, who as a fisherman, went from everything he knew about water to do what Jesus told him he could, but stepping out in faith on a surface far less than trustworthy. He would've sank immediately to the bottom of a stormy sea, but for God. (Matthew 14)

What was taught to me was this:

The voice of God often doesn't sound like the voice of reason.

Alissa sent me a page out of her devotion earlier about the church of Philadelphia who was promised to be a gateway for many people, that God was going to do mighty things through them when the time was right.

I feel like in many ways that is my promise.

I own it.

God will use me in a way that He chooses when the time is right., and when God unlocks the door using His wisdom, with His guidance, and in His power, then He will bless me in my journey, and every step along the way is a blessing, whether or not it looks like it.

I want to live in faith and out of my faith, and in expectation of beyond what I'm capable of thinking.

I'm learning that in order to exercise my faith in any situation, sometimes I have to exorcise myself from it... and rely on God.

In everything.

I am going to do what I can to be a good steward of what I have, and I am going to use the gifts that God has given me in order to try to reach out and bless others.

God has something in store for me when I look for Him, and when I continue looking for Him in every situation, in every instance.

That is what He wants for all of us! To gain the spiritual discipline of "never stop looking... never stop knocking... never stop seeking."

The more that I look for God in everything, the more I see Him.

After all, He shows up in every little thing, and in every big thing, and I am more than content to spend my time searching for Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment