Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The World is Our Playground

I'm hoping this post comes out okay because I'm posting from my cell phone...on a park bench...watching my children play...in the sun and cool breeze.

*sigh of contentment*

I am just so very grateful. I'm grateful to my God and my wonderful husband for making this a reality. So delightfully, inexplicably, sublimely grateful.

And guilty. Very, very guilty.

While we delay school for an hour or two so we can play outside, my loving, hard-working husband is spending his "day off" painting for extra money.

I'm trying to do what I can to show him how much I appreciate him (like homemade blueberry muffins and banana chocolate chip waffles this morning), but it's just never enough.

He's tired and doing his best to push off worry and trust in God, but as the family's sole provider I know the burden rests heavily on him. We're praying God will provide a different job soon, one that allows him to relax just a bit and see his family more, but until then, he's working hard and long.

I'm so proud: grateful and proud.

I've been given moments like today and the ability to be with my children every day. I'm not in a windowless office staring at a computer screen and longing to be with my children.

I'm with them. The world is our playground and I am in love with my life.

Thank you God, and thank you Josiah. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment