Friday, December 30, 2016

I'm Going On an Adventure

God started forming this post in my heart a week ago. In that time, it has changed and morphed. He's done SO MUCH. He's poured into my heart to the point where if I don't share, I think it may burst.

And that's the best time to share.

Last week, during breakfast with a sweet friend, I told her I started doing yoga again. I picked it back up because it helps my strength and flexibility, and, I said jokingly:
It strengthens my core. Apparently, God said this person I'm supposed to be is "statuesque." I don't know if you know this, but it physically HURTS to try to be statuesque without a strong core. Haha. There's probably a blog post in there somewhere.
 Oh...I didn't even know at the time.

Throughout this week, God has been showing me that it's about the process. There is value in the process.

Just over a month ago, God shared with me who He wants me to be (read about that here). When I wrote about it, I said it would take time, and I wasn't quite there yet, but somewhere deep inside, I thought, "Now that I know who I'm supposed to be, I have to start acting like that."

And it hurt...because I wasn't ready.

What I didn't realize at the time is God still has so much work to do in me in order to become that person. I cannot skip the process. There are idols to be overcome, thoughts to be cleared out, and fears to be faced.

In Alice in Wonderland, Alice didn't get her muchness back because she was told that's who she was. She had to go through the journey. She had to face her adventure.

I came to the most amazing realization today.

My adventure doesn't start when I become the person I'm supposed to be. My adventure is in the becoming. It's in the fire. It's in the Word separating bone from marrow and carving me into the person I'm supposed to be.

The power is in the journey.

And now I'm free.

Now I'm free to run and pursue and preach and screw up and bask in God's glorious grace because TODAY I am exactly where I need to be. Today I am exactly who I need to be, and as long as I take the time to pursue God and sit at His feet, He'll take care of who I'm supposed to be 10 years from now or 10 days from now, or heck, 10 minutes from now.

That's it, my friends. Normally I try to wrap this all up neatly with a bow and a probing question, but not today.

This is it. I don't know where YOU are, but wherever that is, I hope this helps you on your journey as much as it has helped me on my own.

You are loved, by me and by a glorious, almighty God.


No comments:

Post a Comment