Saturday, August 4, 2012

Sick and Grateful

I haven't posted anything on the pregnancy since I posted the bit about how I told Josiah, but I thought I might just share an update.

I feel awful...but it's the best kind of awful. :)  Plus, as morning sickness goes, it isn't exactly the worst I've ever seen.  If I let my stomach get empty things get kind of ugly, but beyond that it's really just a matter of nausea on and off and feeling super tired.

Nevertheless, if you have to feel ill, it's at least good to know it's because you're growing a living person inside of you.  Josiah and I talked about it last night while we lay in bed...the miracle of human life.  We talked about the cells producing rapidly..at crazy speeds...and how each one knows just what to do.  Each knows its purpose...hands, eyes, brain, heart.  It's an amazing thing to consider.

I'm so grateful for this little life growing inside me.  I was so scared that something would happen and I wouldn't be able to give him a child of his own.  I was worried about it way more than him, I think.  He said he'd be happy with whatever God saw fit to give us, and if that was just my children, then he would be fine with that.  He loves them like their his own.  I know that; I still wanted to give him more.

And it looks like that will happen.  And I'm so grateful.

Thank you God.  Thank you for my wonderful husband, beautiful children, and this little life growing inside me.

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. awww! I love this post. I am praying for you and that little life :) oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand where you are coming from on this blog Alissa! If you want a suggestion, I found that making chicken noodle soup and then pouring only the broth on saltines was very stomach soothing. It wont appeal to your nose or tummy but if you make yourself eat it that will change after a couple of mouthfuls, hopefully.

    ReplyDelete