Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Panic and Peace

I had a thought in the shower this morning.  Come to think of it, I do a lot of thinking in the shower.  That may be because it's some of the only time I get alone to think.  Anyway...

I thought about the movie we went to see last night ("Oz the Great and Powerful"), and I sort of sighed to myself, "I guess that's the last movie I'll see for a while."

And for just a moment, I freaked out a little bit about having a newborn again.

What else wouldn't I be able to do?  Have I forgotten how much work infants are?  It will be forever before I have time away again!

And then I thought about my gorgeous kids.

How beautiful Destiny gets every day.  She'll be 15 tomorrow.  Wasn't it just yesterday she was a baby sleeping on my chest?

My girls with their Nana.  This picture was in the Lynchburg newspaper today because my mom wrote and published a children's e-book and my girls illustrated it.

And little Emily...she's not so little anymore.  She's 10 now, and I feel like I can almost SEE her growing, and she's becoming a gorgeous young lady.

And my Ryan.  When did we stop calling him "the baby"?  I know just yesterday or the day before someone told me we'd have to stop calling him that eventually...but no...that was a few years ago.  He's 6 now.



I realized in those few short moments that the teeny weeny bit of time we get to be tied to them, when they need us for everything, is a blessing, not a burden.

I'm so excited to meet our new addition.  I can't wait to hold that precious little creature in my arms. It's going to be wonderful to share the experience with Josiah, too.   God gave me the best person I could possibly imagine, and He allowed us to create a new, little life.

I am blessed.

And I am grateful.




No comments:

Post a Comment