Sunday, June 2, 2013

Reaching

This is going to be another quick and dirty post (written on the fly and no editing) because I really have to get ready for church.  At least I already know what I want to wear! :)

I wanted to get this blog post out this morning because I have 8 million planned posts, and I didn't need one more floating around in my noggin...and it's worth it.

I woke up this morning, fed the bambino, and then decided I should take a walk.  As I often do, I started praying when my feet hit the pavement.

Ya know what it felt like this morning, though?  It felt like I was reaching.  Don't get me wrong, reaching for God is great, but this was...something else.

"Please guide me.  I want to glorify you.  What should I do?  Where should I go?  I'm waiting.  Tell me. Tell me. Tell me.  Show me.  Show me.  Show me.  Here I am.  I'm waiting.  Send me.  Show me.  Tell me."

I felt like a little kid bobbing up and down in the back seat, "Are we there yet?  When are we going to be there? Are we there yet?  Now?  Now?"

We all know what we want that kid to do...SHUT UP.

So that's what I did.  I shut up.

Just as I was rounding the corner to walk along the James, I gave up and gave it to God.  I basked in His glorious creation and felt Him all around me...

in the breeze dancing in the trees,

in the sun warming my face,

in the waves on the James,

and in the beating of my heart.

God was all around me...and is constantly all around me.  I don't have to reach so far and so hard. He's there.  All the time, He's there.

I'm seeking His perfect will, so He'll show me, tell me, send me...in HIS time.

Until then, I'll just shut up and enjoy the ride.




No comments:

Post a Comment