Saturday, June 2, 2012

Because I can...

Today I am writing a blog because I can.  I definitely have things that need to get done in the house, and I have plans for this afternoon, but other than that, nothing is pressing.  I'm off school for the summer, I don't have to work today, the wedding planning is over, and the move is done.  I am relieved.

I am so utterly content and grateful right now.  Never in my entire life have I felt so sure that I am completely 100% where I am supposed to be.  It's the best feeling in the world.

I still have that creeping feeling sometimes that I need to know what I'm going to do tomorrow...I had it yesterday as a matter of fact.  I felt the nervousness sneaking up on me as I tried to think about what I'm going to do with my degree.  What are my plans? What should I do?  What are my gifts?

Then, I just gave it away.  If there's one thing I've learned in the last decade and a half or so, it's that no amount of my planning and scheming is worth the effort if I'm working against God's will.  It's just pointless.  Therefore, to sit and worry about what I should do is pointless.  I am so happy with where I am right this second, that I'm just going to enjoy it.  I pray every day that God will guide my life and use me for His glory in whatever way He sees fit.  I'm thinking that's a pretty solid bet.

I am happy.

Tomorrow I plan on posting some of our favorite pics from our honeymoon!

2 comments:

  1. Just commenting to see if I can...someone said they couldn't post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for happy and content! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete