Sunday, August 21, 2011

On this day last year....

At this moment on the 21st of August, 2010, I was on a charter boat in Virginia Beach with my company.  Last year was the company's 25th anniversary, and to celebrate, we went on a 4 hour fishing trip.  I got totally burnt, touched some really cool (but gross) stuff, and had an awesome time!  (There's definitely a reason the croaker got it' name...and did you know the gills can tear you up?!)

That night, I reluctantly went out with some friends to Red Rock Lounge.  I was working 2 jobs at the time, and being in a loud, crowded bar on my night off just didn't sound fun.  However, my friends wanted to go out and I wanted to spend time with them...so to the bar I went.  It wasn't really that crowded, but all the seats were taken...and I was wearing heels. 

I spotted a guy sitting by himself in a booth, and after consultation with Valeri, decided to see if he would take pity on me and my feet and let me sit at his booth.  He did...

I met my Josiah one year ago today.  Had I known how important that man was going to be in my life and the lives of my children, I would have soaked up every word we said and everything he did.  I remember tidbits, but I wish I could remember it all.

What I remember is the feeling I had that this guy was different from the rest...and if I left without exchanging contact information, I would deeply regret it.  The Lord truly works in mysterious ways.

It has been a fantastic year Josiah, and I look forward to many more.  I love you more than I can say.


3 comments:

  1. YAY!! Great story!! I also feel really blessed that you went to the bar that night. You and your kiddos have been a blessing to our family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...thank you! I hope you all know how much I appreciate you all. I feel so lucky to be considered part of the family!

    On another note, it REALLY makes me laugh to see the sentence, "I also feel really blessed that you went to the bar...." That's just so awesome...and a rarity! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I appreciated it when I wrote it. I got a good chuckle!! :)

    ReplyDelete