Thursday, July 19, 2012

Wedding Portraits: Shoe Surprise & Reception

Well, today is the last wedding picture post.  I wish you all could see all  the pictures, but there are so many.  It's been really difficult to choose!!  Amanda Truth did such a great job on the photography, especially with the lighting she had to work with.  I love our church, but it doesn't have the best lighting in the world, and I was super worried about the fluorescent lighting in the gym.  I feel like it has a tendency to make everyone look kind of sallow, but I don't see that in the pictures at all!  Thanks Amanda!

The first group of pictures are of the post-ceremony surprise.  I knew I wanted to have reception shoes because I didn't want my feet to hurt all night and wearing heels for that long with a looming ankle surgery just didn't seem wise.  I also knew this was my girls' first stint in heels (okay, Em's were really low), and I knew their feet would hurt, so I decided to surprise them with matching reception shoes.  I bejeweled the heck out of them and used a good amount of fabric paint, too.  Josiah decided that since I was decorating their shoes, he should decorate mine.  So, after the reception we gathered in the "Cubbie Room" to present the shoes.  The girls were SO shocked, and they still wear them all the time!!

After these, of course, are the reception pics.  Maybe this weekend I'll actually get around to posting all  the honeymoon pictures I've been promising!!

So, my friends, I give you the last of the pics from May 12, 2012.  Warning: this will be the longest...post...ever.


I get my shoes first!










He's so helpful



Reception time!  Stage is set for Sunday morning, too. Haha







My wonderful new mother-in-law, Susan, made the cake.  It was really good!  The icing was marshmallow fondant and it was wonderful!  We got the recipe from Cherlanda Fowlkes.  She was the teacher at a cake decorating class Susan and I sat in on.  She makes gorgeous cakes and she's the new cake decorating teacher at the Michael's that's opening in Hampton!!  She's on my facebook page if you're interested.


Random picture of my bouquet

Wedding party entering




Our first dance <3




All the great food!  I just wish I got to eat more of it.  I was a bit constricted.

Susan and and two of her longtime friends

Me with Raieco!

My good friend Nancy Yarborough

My Dawn <3

Josiah's still there, too!  We didn't forget about him. :)

This is a really special picture to me.  These are two of my very close friends, Michelle and Valorie.  I don't get to see them very often, especially Val since she up and moved to Alabama!!

 Dance with Dad


This next series of pictures are the best ever.  We look good here right?

And this is what he looks like when I step on my dress and almost fall!!

Priceless I tell you...priceless.



*sigh* The next two pics say it all...


My boy
Bailey Boo and Gracie, too!  (On a side note, I am so proud of Bailey's dress.  I think it's just gorgeous and I found it at A Barefoot Bride in Phoebus for $12!!  They are simply wonderful.)


The girls are having a great time!

More dancing

Joey G is in on the fun!


Cake cutting time






You can't take me anywhere...


But I'm a happy girl!

Dancing with the best Best Man ever


Love from my Nana

And a special dance...Nana and Josh bonded when they were here. :)



Beauty in motion


Jamie and Wes join in on the fun!

Jesse calls this his "wedding swag."  He had all the ladies with him. lol








Four sisters

My coworkers daughter asked for a dance.  Could you say "no" to that face?!



And then she looked at me and asked me to pick her up...and my heart melted.

And pick her up I did


Wes wanted up, too!

And this is why we belong together...

Remember how I said Josh was the best Best Man?  Yeah, that's him behind me with my heels and purse in hand.

Some mischievous people were very busy earlier.


Yeeeah...it was inside, too.




That's the end!!  If you've hung in this long, you're really a trooper!  Thanks for coming along on this pictorial journey with me.  It almost saddens me to end this post.  It's bittersweet.  However, I know I'll have tons of pictures to post from our many new adventures together...and there will be adventures....

1 comment:

  1. So many great pictures! I love love love that first picture of you and Josiah dancing!! And the ones of you and your Dad? Oh my, I'm done. Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete